Jun 30, 2004
1995 marks the true beginning of the final years for Conrail. Juniata completed the bulk of Conrail's SD60I fleet, then moved onto the massive SD80MAC's, Conrail's first entry into AC power. Many Conrail enthusiasts consider this the last great year for new Conrail locomotives, namely because the future SD70 variants were more CSX and Norfolk Southern creations than true Conrail locomotives. Many consider the SD80MAC the be the last new locomotive Conrail purchased as a truely independent railroad during a time when the company had no NS and CSX handlers calling the shots.
1995 Locomotive Roster [Download PDF Version ]
The roster below lists units that were on the roster during 1995, though the roster is most accurate for later in the year and into the early portion of 1996. The roster also includes CRL and LMS lease units. For detailed roster information about a particular unit, such as built date, see the unit's respective prototype page.
1. I need info on what reporting marks these units had.
2. 504-564 had CRL reporting marks and were leased out.
3. 700-759 were part of Conrail's LMS leasing.
4. SD40's in the 800 series were temporarily renumbered before being sold to Helm Leasing.
5. CR 6700-6804 built with Flexicoil trucks.
Photos for personal use only. All rights reserved by original owner of image.
Reproduction or redistribution in any form without express written permission is prohibited.