Mar 5, 2016
I may publish the Conrail Cyclopedia, but without the help of these kind folks, this website would not exist. Some are still here helping, others have moved on to other projects, and a few have moved on to the big mainline in the sky. Thanks everyone for years of fun.|
- Stephen J. Agostini (No current email address)
Contributed rolling stock photos a while back.
- John Almeida email@example.com
John has contributed some nice rolling stock photos, and will hopefully contribute some more as time permits.
- Jim Appleman firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim has shot some great Conrail photos since the early days. Glad to have him aboard.
- Matt Arentzen email@example.com
Matt's has contributed many great modeling photos.
- Martin Baumann (No current email address)
Martin has been helping out where possible with Conrail rosters. Thanks for the recent CRL C30-7 roster!
- Glen Beans (No current email address)
So far Glen has contributed some great photos from the Horseshoe Curve from the early 1980s.
- John Becker firstname.lastname@example.org
The intermodal photos he contributed allowed entire pages devoted to Trailvan and Mercury trailers to be created. His intermodal photos have recently appeared in Model Railroading magazine and has been assisting in a recent series on intermodal weathering. John hails from Central Pennsylvania and is an avid Conrail railfan.
- Bob Benjamin MaineTrain@aol.com
Bob donated some photos from the early days of Conrail, including some rare units.
- John Berger
John contributed several photos, including some MoW shots.
- John Binford email@example.com
John contributed a photo a a Maxon scale car.
- Bill Blum firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill contributed some wallpaper photos of modern Conrail.
- John F. Bondura (No current email address)
John contributed a slew of locomotive photos from the early 1980s, filling in some serious gaps in my collection.
- John Brown (No current email address)
John contributed photos of a boxcar switching mishap.
- Bill Bunge email@example.com
Gave some nifty photos of B23-7's, with more photos in the works. Bill lives in Central Pennsylvania.
- Keith Burkey (No current email address)
Gobs of rolling stock and locomotive photos. Keith is probably most famous for his photos of the new 'merger' rolling stock and sightings. A college student at the University of Pittsburgh and another Pennsylvanian.
- Chris Butts Flange42@aol.com
Chris shot some CR freight shots out in CA for the site.
- Frank Caron (No current email address)
Frank works for Amtrak in Oakland and is lucky enough to catch CR units far from home.
- Anthony N. Chando firstname.lastname@example.org
Anthony provided photos from the 1980's around Reading and Allentown.
- Chris Crook email@example.com
Chris has his own website at Crook Photography and generously contributed several CR photos. Check out his website.
- Bradley A Curcio firstname.lastname@example.org
A former EMD employee, Bradley gave some excellent photos of the SD-80MAC's and some great info on them.
- Tom Daspit email@example.com
Tom gave me some info on MoW track gang equipment. He also has a good website covering MoW and other subjects.
- Dave Davis (No current email address)
Helped identify some MoW track gang tampers. Thanks.
- Kevin DeGroff (No current email address)
Kevin contributed a number of excellent Juniata shops. The greatest thanks to him for helping get the Shops section off the ground. Plus a number of dramatic scenic photos.
- Mike Dettmers (No current email address)
Photos of an xPRR X58A boxcar, a PC boxcar, a PC gondola, and locomotive photos, Mike has donated some neat stuff. Mike is a dispatcher for Canadian Pacific.
- Bob Dobrowolski EL_Railfan@yahoo.com
Bob has been contributing some really great early Conrail and predecessor photos, as well as donating some X2200S issues and many Diesel Era articles to my collection. Can't thank him enough for these. Bob is originally from Montclair Height, NJ, on the Greenwood Lake Division of the EL.
- Roger Dooley (No current email address)
Roger sent me a great photo of a Conrail jet snow blower/melter.
- John C. Durant firstname.lastname@example.org
John is 31 year Conrail employee, who served 9 on the EL before the big merger. He has contributed a number of photos over the years.
- Roger Durfee email@example.com
Roger is well known among Conrail fans as an excellent photographer since the early days of the railroad. He's also a railroad worker.
- Reed Estabrook Estabrook@aol.com
Reed has contributed many classic and modern era Conrail photos from rolling stock to freight.
- Marty Feldner firstname.lastname@example.org
Though Conrail is not his favorite railroad--he's an LH&R man with his own website, the A Lehigh & Hudson River Ry. Scrapbook--Marty did find some shots of former L&HR C420s for the CRCyc.
- David P. Frye email@example.com
David contributed a number of official Conrail public relations photos that he got from the PR department in 1980. We post them here as a rememberance of a time gone by and a homage to those photographers.
- Walter Gay firstname.lastname@example.org
Walt has donated many articles that I didn't have and could not have gotten without his help. He is an avid PC modeler and owns his own hobby shop. Hopefully, some of his modeling work will show up in these pages.
- Steve Geisler email@example.com
Steve contributed a large number of Conrail and Penn Central photos.
- Dennis J. Gergel Jr. Aerostar70@aol.com
Dennis contributed a great CR loco watercolor that he painted. Thanks.
- Rick Glosser (No current email address)
Rick helped me out with LMS C40-8W info. Hopefully, he'll continue to pitch in with other info and photos!
- Lon Godshall firstname.lastname@example.org
Lon has graciously donated a ton of Conrail rolling stock photos, freight and MoW rosters, and a great wealth of information. He is an avid car chaser and researcher. I thank him for all his wonderful help. Lon resides in Southeastern PA.
- Dave Goldsmith, Jr. Pennsyemail@example.com
Dave has been providing me with tons of information concerning CR locomotives, dispositions, and such. A great help for everyone.
- J. Gontero (No current email address)
Donated several photos for the site. Thanks.
- Dan Halpert firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan is a college student railfan from Pennsylvania. He owns a large collection of original slide purchased from other photographers. If you see a photo on the CRCyc from Dan't collection, contact him for high quality reprints, which are far superior to the scans featured here.
- Tim Hannum email@example.com
Tim contributed some photos of his brass locos on his layout.
- Tom Hannon (No current email address)
Tom contributed some photos of CR 1933.
- Lenny Harlos, Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
Lenny is owner of Throughbred Hobbies that specializes in custom painted and detailed models of NS and CR. Many of his projects have been fatured here at the CRCyc. He does excellent work.
- Robert Harris email@example.com
Robert contributed some excellent photos of coalporters under construction, which have given us all a better understanding of the process. Thanks Robert!
- Scott Harris (No current email address)
Scott donated a photo of a brush cutter at work.
- Dave Honan (No current email address)
Dave has provided some great photos and info over the years and is one of the old timers of the website.
- Jed Hopewell (No current email address)
Donated several track gang photos for the MoW section. Another PA railfan.
- Ken Houghton firstname.lastname@example.org
Ken owns Houghton's RailImages, a nice photo service, and donated some b&w shots.
- Andrew Jones email@example.com
Andrew donated some transition-era photos.
- Harv Kahn (No current email address)
Harv allowed me to post some of his excellent predecessor photos to the site. I hope to see more from Harv in the future.
- Brendan Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Brendan has been helping out with various bits of info throughout the site.
- Chris Kieley (No current email address)
Provided some nice modeling info on the dome car CR 55.
- Jack Kuiphoff email@example.com
Jack has contributed great scenic shots from the 1970s.
- Seth Lakin (No current email address)
Seth has contributed several rolling stock photos.
- Ian Learmonth (No current email address)
Ian provided info on business car CR 11, plus some interesting freelance business car modeling tips for N scale.
- Dan Leary (No current email address)
Dan works in Conrail's Mow department and has shed a lot of light on MoW equipment and what it all does. Always nice to have CR employees pitching in!
- Dick Leonhardt (No current email address)
Dick has contributed a number of photos from the early days of Conrail, including a number of electrics and passenger photos.
- Jeff Lubchansky firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff and his son Josh have taken a number of excellent photos of railroading all across the nation, including Conrail. Please check out more of their photos at their website.
- Mark MacDougall email@example.com
Mark is a Conrail fan from PA who contributed some great rolling stock photos so far.
- Vic Mailloux (No current email address)
Vic has graciously contributed a number of his early Conrail photos for the Cyclopedia.
- Kodi Marlin firstname.lastname@example.org
Kodi contributed a photo of CR 1000 snow blower.
- Jim Matuska email@example.com
Jim has taken some awesome Conrail shots in the midwest during the 1990s.
- John McCluskey (No current email address)
John is current president of the Queens County Model Railroad Assoc. in New York City and donated some excellent photos and info on MoW equipment.
- Sean McDonnell Sean121982@aol.com
Sean contributed many rolling stock photos.
- The Model Railroad Club (Union, NJ)
The club submitted several photos from their old website. They are a good group of modelers who actively promote the hobby. They're celebrating their anniversary with some neat custom painted rolling stock.
- Joshua Moldover (No current email address)
Many photos of B23-7's and other locomotives. Without his help, the B23-7 page would still be offline.
- Ralph Molesworth firstname.lastname@example.org
Rare photos from the 1980s is Ralph's specialty.
- Robert Morrow email@example.com
Rob contributed some transition-era photos, for which I'm thankful.
- Arnie Morscher axm11@po.CWRU.Edu
Arnie has a website (Morscher's Railroad Images) chock full of photos from 1977 and 1978. Only a small selection of his roster photos are reposted here. Check his site for many more, including scenic and structure photos along the EL.
- Frank Mulligan (No current email address)
Frank donated a photo of Raritan River 100 40' boxcar turned storage shed. I had often wanted to shoot this car, but never got to!
- Brian Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian has shot some great Conrail photos. Nice to have some here.
- Shawn Noe email@example.com
Shawn donated CR newsprint car and crane photos.
- Mark Nolan (No current email address)
Mark models the Lehigh Valley in 1972 but constantly takes train photos. He contributed several MoW photos he shot in KY.
- Charlie O'Hay (No current email address)
Charlie contributed a photo of CR 7240, the last photo he shot as a teen railfan back in 1979.
- Robert Palmer (No current email address)
Rob has contributed a number of great photos he has taken, from the NYC hopper to the SD-70MAC. Plus he has a great website (High Green Productions) featuring his work and excellent railfan slide scanning services. Rob is another fellow Pennsylvanian, hailing from the Philly area.
- Jim Piazza
Jim donated some Conrail articles I needed, for which I am grateful. Thanks!
- Mike Pierson firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike contributed some photos of a brand new E44 that his father, Rev. Roland Pierson, took back in '61.
- John Prock email@example.com
John contributed some excellent photos from the early days of Conrail, plus some neat photos from the 1990s as well.
- Rich Reinhart firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich models in Conrail N scale and lives in Pennsylvania.
- Wes Reminder email@example.com
Wes has been with the CRCyc since almost day one and continues to help out with excellent interior and detail photos of locos and the OCS.
- Peter Reusch (No current email address)
Pete donated several of his Conrail photos.
- Mike Rose (No current email address)
Mike has authored some excellent Conrail modeling articles and has contributed several rolling stock photos.
- Robert Russell (No current email address)
Rob has contributed some rolling stock photos, as well as giving lots of rolling stock info.
- Dennis K. Sautters Prr1187@aol.com
Dennis contributed some gondola photos plus information.
- Victor Schiffer (No current email address)
Victor donated photo copies of several rolling stock articles that I didn't own. Considering that he lives in Germany, this was very generous.
- John Schodowski (No current email address)
John is a great railfan friend from back in Reading, PA, whom I always miss. He donated many great photos, including OCS, MoW, and other cool stuff. Thanks John.
- Harry Scholz
Harry lives adjacent to the Southern Tier and tries to keep track of all movements past him home. Now that is a great place to live! Harry provided some NYC sightings along with a number of early Conrail photos. I'm sad to report that Harry passed away a while back.
- Al Schumacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Al contributed a huge number of fantastic shop photos. Can't thank him enough! He made the section a reality.
- Joe Shaw email@example.com
Joe has helped out with freight and the G52X section. He has a great website devoted to modern railroading in the South.
- John Sieber firstname.lastname@example.org
John contributed some MoW photos from the 1980s.
- Jim Shields JimShields@wideopenwest.com
Jim donated a number of great modern Conrail shots.
- Richard Shirey email@example.com
Rich is a wonderful contributor to the Conrail-Classic email list, and has also lent us some of his nifty photos.
- Bill Skirvin GMLGEMD@aol.com
Bill does some awesome SD-80MAC modeling and has lent us some of his work for display.
- Mark Smith (No current email address)
Mark contributed a photo of a PC X72 he shot in the Deep South, far from its home rails.
- Tim Stevens firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim sent in several freight and loco photos of Conrail in New England.
- Brian Switzer email@example.com
Brian contributed some SD-70MAC shots.
- Joe Testagrose (No current email address)
Joe is a regular on the newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.rail where he posts numerous photos.
- Brian Thompson (No current email address)
Brian has contributed several photos, such as the CR 4022.
- Scott Tish (No current email address)
Scott contributed several Mow photos for the site. Scott hails from Ohio.
- Rick Topeka (No current email address)
Another fellow Pennsylvanian, Rick has contributed some of the coolest rolling stock and MoW photos I've seen. Where does he find this stuff?
- Dave Trenn Trenn.Dave@presrite.com
Dave has donated a number of great roster and scenic shots from the 1970s through the 1990s.
- Doug Trueblood DougTblood@aol.com
Doug has a knowledge of rolling stock and Conrail that continues to amaze me. Besides his great rolling stock and locomotive photos, Doug has also supplied me with corrections and additions.
- Pete Trunk PeterVTrunk@aol.com
Pete's O scale Philadelphia & Erie layout is featured in the Modeling section.
- Paul Tupaczewski
He has contributed several MoW and rolling stock photos. Another great railfan.
- Otto Vondrak (No current email address)
Otto is a big fan of the CRCyc, and contributed several of his own photos for the site.
- Bill Waller (No current email address)
No relation! Another Pennsylvanian, Bill has contributed many hopper and MoW photos. Plus he is a regular contributor to alt.binaries.pictures.rail, where you can see his Conrail photos from the Pittsburgh and Philly area.
- Jeffery Ward firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffery's expertise is EMD locomotive builder numbers and build dates for North American units.
- Carl Weber email@example.com
Carl has great Conrail photos from the early days until now. Check his B&A website for a few thousand other photos.
- Lee Weldon firstname.lastname@example.org
Lee grew up in Baltimore and spent his high school years chasing trains out of Enola and up the Middle Division. While working in East Baltimore on the local newspaper, he shot a lot of black and white of Conrail operations there. Presently he works for a building contractor on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, where he has become interested in the history and the current operations on the Delmarva Division. He has four children and a very patient wife.
- Bill Whitfield email@example.com
Bill gave me a photo of a CR boxcar out in ID and a reefer in AZ.
- Jeff Wires (No current email address)
Jeff donated several assorted photos of Conrail action, for which I thank him.
- Dale Woika firstname.lastname@example.org
Dale works for the Huntingdon County Transportation Society, which operates a transportation museum loacted in the former PRR/PC/CR Hunt Tower. Dale contributed some wallpaper shots of tower.
- Tom Wolfgang email@example.com
Tom was instrumental in getting me involved with creating the Conrail Cyclopedia. Besides having the best caboose website (Conrail Cabins & Cabooses) out there, Tom resides in Southcentral Pennsylvania, a state that seems to harbor more than its fair share of Conrail railfans--and CRCyc contributors!
- Craig Zeni firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig donated an excellent photo of OLS GP-35 2255, plus some other shots.
- Todd Zimmerman (No current email address)
Todd contributed many OCS photos and basic information that got the OCS page going.
- Donald Zrebiec email@example.com
Don hails from New Jersey and has a deep interest in the Raritan River. He has contributed info on the RR, plus several photos of Conrail equipment.
Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Robert S. Waller. All rights reserved.
Photos for personal use only. All rights reserved by original owner of image.
Reproduction or redistribution in any form without express written permission is prohibited.